Cover your Motorhome or Campervan

KT Insurance is your trusted comprehensive insurance provider for motorhomes and campervans. With a true passion for the motorhome lifestyle, KT Insurance has been a trusted partner of the CMCA for over 30 years and has tailored coverage options to safeguard your adventures on the open road.

Get A Quote


Choose Your Cover

To qualify for insurance with KT, your motorhome, campervan or pop-top needs to have inbuilt eating, sleeping, food preparation and food storage facilities



Vehicles We Cover

Motorhomes: Iveco Daily, Fiat Ducato, Winnebago, Swagman Signature, Toyota Coaster, Ford Talvor , Ford Safari, Ford Trader, Hino Rainbow, Iveco Euroisle, Iveco Sun Liner, Iveco Winnebago, Kea Sun Liner, Mazda Alpine, Leisure Seeker, Mercedes Sprinter, Mitsubishi Canter etc.

Campervans & Pop-Tops: Ford Econovan, Mazda Poptop, Mazda E2000, Nissan Urvan, Toyota Campervan, Toyota Commuter, Toyota Hiace, Toyota Hightop, Toyota Poptop, Volkswagon Campervan, Volkswagon T5, Volkswagon Discoverer.


Standard Policy Benefits

We’ve tailored our insurance cover and benefits to suit the RV lifestyle

Check icon
Medical Emergency

Up to $10,000 cover for urgent transport of yourself, your family, your pet and your RV should a medical emergency occur.

Check icon
Animal Collision Cover

For damage caused to a single vehicle by an accidental animal impact, we cover 1 excess-free claim per policy period.

Check icon
Windscreen & Glass

If glass can be legally repaired, we cover 1 excess-free repair per policy period (up to $500).

Check icon
Breakdown Towing

We won’t leave you stranded if you have a breakdown with up to $1000 of excess-free towing to the nearest repairer.

Check icon
Re-Keying & Re-Coding

If your keys are lost or stolen, we cover up to $750 of excess-free re-keying and re-coding per incident.

Check icon
Flexible Excess Options

Take control and choose an excess option that suits your RV lifestyle, no matter the excess you choose.

Get A Quote


Here’s Why Our Customers Love KT Insurance

August, 2023 | Rated 4.5/5 Stars on Google from 180+ reviews


Trusted For Over 30 Years

To qualify for insurance with KT, your motorhome, converted bus or coach needs to have inbuilt eating, sleeping, food preparation and food storage facilities

Check icon
Competitive prices

We strive to be priced fairly, and competitively, with a range of benefits included excess-free

Check icon
Established insurer

We have been providing industry leading specialist RV insurance for over 30 years

Check icon
Customer focused

We are committed to providing exceptional customer service and support


Frequently Asked Questions

KT Insurance may be able to offer coverage for your bus or coach through the following stages, but please ensure you talk to us before you commence work:

  • Pre-conversion
  • During conversion
  • Finished RV

Yes your RV is insured if there is a flood or any other natural disaster i.e strong wind, storm, lightning, hail, earthquake, tsunami or any other natural weather event. However, please note there will be no cover for loss or damage caused by cyclone, flood or bushfire within the first 72 hours of policy inception.

Investing in motorhome insurance is an advisable step for all Australian motorhome owners. While not legally mandated, coverage ensures peace of mind in unforeseen circumstances. Regardless of the insurance you decide on, your motorhome must be registered to drive (CTP). Protecting your motorhome against accidents, theft, and liability concerns is a responsible and beneficial approach for both your investment and the well-being of fellow road users. With motorhome insurance, you can embark on your journeys with confidence, knowing that you are prepared for anything that happens on the open road.

Yes, at KT Insurance we offer coverage for DIY or custom-built converted motorhomes. You'll need to provide details about the modifications and improvements you've made to the motorhome to ensure they're adequately covered.

KT insurance covers contents inside the campervan / motorhome included in our various insurance packages with optional benefits. If you have selected this optional benefit, cover will be restricted to following incidents: theft; fire, malicious damage or vandalism, wind, storm, lightning, hail, earthquake, tsunami, flood or any other natural weather events.

Yes, even if your motorhome is parked for extended periods, it is still susceptible to risks such as theft, vandalism, or damage from weather events. Comprehensive insurance can provide coverage for these scenarios, and also ensures you peace of mind when you’re away from your motorhome. At KT Insurance, we offer laid-up cover that is flexible and suits your lifestyle. Laid-up cover is limited to up to 3 months per policy period if you won't be driving or using your motorhome for a period of time.

Laid-up cover is for when you don’t want to, or are forced not to use your RV! Tailing your coverage to changing circumstances in your life is important, and KT Insurance understands that. There are conditions for laid-up cover including theft, fire, malicious damage or vandalism, natural weather events and that your motorhome will be stored at your usual place of residence.

Get A Quote

Our quotes are free, and obligation-free